Wednesday, January 10, 2007

AVK 2

Perhaps let's continue with yesterday's topic for today.

For audio learners, the best way for them to learn would be to let them listen in lectures, participate in discussion, and talking things out.

For visual learners, perhaps the teacher can cater to them by incorporating more diagrams, graphs, charts and handouts in their presentation of the new concepts. They learn with their eyes.

As for the more active ones, the kinesthetic learners, I have realized that one good way for them to learn, is to do hands-on activities - they do need to have their hands wet in order to learn! And how would they read in this case? Most probably, they would have to use their finger to guide them through the lines as they are reading. I have friends who do that!

Given the diverse groups of learners, a teacher has to teach so as to cater to all the three groups. For example, after reading up materials relating to this yesterday, I was more aware of the importance of a more diversified teaching and I made sure I was able to cater to all the three types of learners in my maths lesson today. I had to do out the sums on the board, with models included (visual), explain it to the class after that (audio), and get the class to work through the solution again (kinesthetic, which serves as reinforcement also). I hope this really does cater to all the three groups of learners in my class!

Annie

No comments: